Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fart-whats?

I'm such a corn ball. While reading the Runner's World mag this past weekend I kept reading "fartlek" and giggling...not understanding what it meant. Finally today, after seeing it more and more I had to google it. Not as funny any more though...hehe Maybe it is.

Nothing new around these parts. Only a few days away from my 1/2 mar. I'm ready and itching to get it on. My shin splints are killin but hopefully I can ice them enough these next few days to be fine before Sunday.

I stumbled upon a blog today Nancy something or other who put on a virtual 10k. What an awesome idea. I'll have to watch for the next one so I can join in. Fun stuff.

That's all I got....basically just needed a few minute break from a hectic work day. Back at er though.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Thanks for stoppin by :-) Ohh yeah Nanc always has good stuff. Especially in the winter time when races are lagging for us "seasonal" peeps.

Good luck with that HM ;D

*jen* said...

Haha, I think I did the same thing with the fartleks. There is so much lingo to learn! Who knew?

Good luck on your 1/2 marathon. You're going to rock it!

It's insane to read your blog b/c I think we started around the same time and my longest run is still 6 miles and here you are doing a 1/2 marathon this weekend. Go you! You're an inspiration. :)

swimbikerunnap said...

just found your blog when putting mine up on the RBF- I like your title :-) hope your race went well if it was this weekend!

nwgdc said...

nancy's awesome at the virtual runs! keep your eyes open...i'm sure there's another one coming!