Monday, April 21, 2008

Blogger.com's most boring "blogger"?

I came to the realization this weekend that my life is completely boring. My sister's blog is always packed with entertaining little bits and humorous stories...mine...isn't.

On Friday I went to the gym for a few hours and ran 5.5 miles, did some weights, and rode the bike for a few miles. I did however, rent the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie which was fun. Am I really this boring? Yep.

Saturday I woke up and went for a run. 6 miles was the max...I about died. It felt like 100 degrees outside by the time I finished..it was actually only 65 but close enough. I did some raking and things around the house for a few hours. My dog was looking a little lonely so I decided to take her for the 3 mile walk to the dog park. She had a blast - my hip flexors, not so much. By the time I got back I was hobbling. Oh well.

Yesterday there was no working out. I did golf 9 holes and passed on the cart though. It's normally more hassle than it's worth with a cart anyway considering I have to stop every 10 yards to hit the ball again. I actually golfed my best game though, a solid 66. : ) Slightly embarassing.

I'm only 30 days away from the 1/2 marathon which is frightening to think about. My goal this week is to get a 10 mile run under my belt. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You'll have no problem. What day are you doing your 10 miler?

Jillian said...

Tonight's the night - or at least I hope. I'm working out a route on mapmyrun.com but it's tough. I need to do it where I run 5 miles and THEN turn around and come back - that way there is no backing out. There aren't enough sidewalked streets around here!