Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ouch!

So I finally understand the full extent of chaffing. I didn't fully realize how cut and raw my skin really was until this morning. This is probably too much information but oh well - I have scabs under my boobs and in the middle where I so wisely stashed my cell phone during the run. I also have a nice battle wound on my right hip where my radio was clipped to my shorts. Ouch!!! Not fun!! I look like I ran threw a blender. Not to mention my shin splints are out of this world right now. I did however, enjoy a night of watching Juno (hilarious movie btw) with ice packs strapped to both shins. It was enjoyable. No pain no gain - right?

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah, I have an on-again off-again shin thing happening to my right leg. Yesterday it hurt, but I ran through it. I woke today to no pain at all.

Rachel mentioned a shoe wallet thing for your cell...might be a good idea. Chaffed boobs is never a good thing.

Jillian said...

I'll definitely be looking into the shoe wallet - or just ditching the cell all together. I only had it in case it got dark while I was still out there since it was a dark country road...I'll just have to start earlier.

Amy said...

This website has a shoe pouch on it and also has a steel id thing on it too, so as to better identify your passed out body. Also good for the bars, I'm sure.

http://www.roadid.com

They have some cool reflective shoe laces too and blinky lights.

Chris said...

I have a RoadID and I highly recommend it. I travel for my job and spend a lot of time in strange towns/cites/states. I would hate to get hit by a bus and no one know who I am...

I just bought a small camera so that when I am running in strange places I can take pictures of anything interesting I see. Anyone know of a little case for it that I could strap to my arm?