Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Two and a half weeks and counting....

Well I am officially disapointed in myself. It's been 3 days since my last run (which was pitiful to say the least) and I'm only two and a half weeks away from my half marathon. My sister in law so selfishly (jk) had a baby at 3am yesterday and her husband has been back from Iraq for the past two weeks but goes back Saturday. It has completely consumed my life these days. I've declared tonight the night to get back in the swing of things though. I'm going to the gym for a good solid workout. The plan is 4 or 5 miles on the TM (it's ridulously cold and windy outside) and 20 miles on the bike. I figure this will jump start me back into action. My tapering will start next week so I need to get in a last one or two more long runs before then but need to ease back into it after my week of slacking. It's amazing how long it takes to get into shape and how quickly it goes away. Wish me luck! Hopefully this weekend I can do a PR for chris's challenge.

2 comments:

Chris said...

How dare your sister have a baby when you are in the middle of training! Talk about selfish!

Well, you still have time for at least one long run to get you ready. I have been reading your posts and I think you will do good.

No more 3 day gaps in running!

SueBob said...

Hi - I have been watching your blog (found it through another running blog). Nice to meet you.

All the progress you have made isn't going away because of a 3 day break - don't be too hard on yourself. Just make sure you get back out there and make the most of the couple weeks you have left!