Thursday, April 24, 2008

Runners are awesome!

Well I was all worried about running with someone else for nothing. She backed out on the workout last night. I was pretty bummed at first. Once I started thinking about it though - it really made me realize what a strong commitment to running I have right now. It's so easy for us to say eh, not in the mood today...or come up with one of the millions of excuses...but we don't (most of the time!). We all deserve a pat on the back! With that being said though - I only ran 2 miles last night and then went golfing. It was such a nice day I had to! Tonight I have 3 volleyball games which won't be finised until 9 so that'll have to be my workout for the day. Tomorrow on the other hand will hopefully be a good run. I'm going to go for 13 miles this weekend. While I know that I can finish the 1/2 marathon - I think it'd make me less stressed if I did it at least once first. That's the plan! I'll of course keep you updated!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just know that if there are miles listed for today, that I'm going to do them. It's kind of like making the boy's lunch everyday. I don't always want to when I'm trying to rush out the door, but I also know that sending him to school without food isn't an option. Except last night. Steve was supposed to be home by nine so that I could head out, (apparently you shouldn't leave a little kid home alone...) but didn't get home until 1030. So things will get bumped a day this week. Not so bad.

Chris said...

Running seems to be one of those few sports that anyone can do. You will never be the fastest or the "best" out there, but I don't think that is why we are out there. For me, running and training is just about the only thing I really do for myself. It is my selfish time. Does that make sense to any one else?

Runners ARE awesome! They are always friendly and willing to help if you need it. My buddy, I call him Coach Kip, has been running for 20 years, has completed multiple marathons, and is a damn fast runner. Yet, when I tell him I broke a PR and finished with under a 10 minute mile pace, he is genuinely excited for me. That attitude seems rare in most sports.

Chris said...

I thought about you today. Before you get creeped out, let me explain. I went to the fitness expo today that is associated with the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon. I am running tomorrow as part of a 5-person relay team. Anyway, they have vendors and such and I came across a product called a SPI Belt (http://www.overtonfitness.com/spibelt.php). It is a small-pouched belt that can hold your cell, keys, Gu,, money, etc., and not bounce around. I was pretty amazed at how small it looks but how much room it really had. I bought it for my camera. I bought a small camera and was going to try to find a small case to strap to my arm. This is just as good. It cost me $20. Well worth it.